How can storytelling be a limited edition? Storytelling, to some, might feel like a never-ending daily soap where it can take weeks for a Bahu to fall from stairs and the Saas (rather, the Video Editor) would enjoy all sorts of video effects. Well, that’s not the kind of storytelling that works in advertising.
In our previous article, we covered different kinds of character limits, but didn’t quite mention anything about any other types. This article would speak in length about them.
Flashback or Flash Forward?
Pop Quiz: When was the last time you checked your phone? Specifically, when was the last time you checked your Insta feed or Facebook Feed? It won’t be wrong if you said, just a while ago. That’s the job of social media and it’s called Social Media Engagement.
So, here’s the narrative that binds us all together. Here’s that one common thread that keeps the story going. It is indeed you, us! Be it for brands, movies, sports or any other industry, the customers, the users, the followers bind the brand and the story together. But, do you think there has to be a limit for everything? After all, too many cooks spoil the broth, doesn’t it? Let’s have a quick look at all the kinds of limitations that we have on social media –
- Minimum Age Limit: 13 years
The age restriction is a way to protect the child physical and mental health. The profiles under 13 years of children are created and maintained by their parents.
- Maximum Following Limit: 7,500 profiles
- Follow/Unfollow Limit: Maximum follow/unfollow per day are subject to the profile’s life.
- Mention/Tag limit:
- 20 accounts per post
- 10 users in the story
- 5 users mention in a comment using “@metion”
- IGTV Time Limit: 01 – 60 Minutes
- Likes Limit: 1,000 Likes per day
- Stories Post Limit: 100 stories per day
- Watch Stories Limit: Unlimited
- Reels Limit: 15-30 seconds
- Live Streaming Limit: 4 hours
- Live Room Member Limit: 4 People
- Friends Limit: Up to 5,000 users per profile
- Friend Request Limit: Up to 20 friend requests per day
- Post Tag/Mention Limit: Up to 50 profiles in a post
- Live Streaming Duration: Up to 8 hours
- Story/Status Video Length Limit: 01-15 seconds
- Video Duration Limit: Up to 240 minutes
- Group Joining Limit: 6,000 groups
- Page Like Limit: Up to 5,000 pages
- Event Invitation Limit: Maximum of 500 users per event
- Message Recipient Limit: Up to 150 profiles at once
- Group Chat Limit: Up to 250 members
- Direct Messages Limit: 1,500 messages per day
- Tweets Limit: 2,400 tweets per day
- Follow Limit: A regular profile can follow up to 400 profiles per day while a verified account extended to follow about 1,000
- Profile Following Limit: Up to 5,000 profiles
- Inactive Account Deletion: After 120 days of inactivity
- Story/Status Video Length Limit: 30 seconds
- Maximum File Size Limit (photos, videos or voice messages): Up to 16 MB
- Message Forwarding Limit: Up to 20 people
- Group Voice/Video Call Limit: Up to 8 participants
- Group Member Limit: Up to 250 participants
- Rooms Participant Limit: 50 participants
- Broadcast Limit: Up to 256 members.
However, to reduce spam, the message will be received only by those participants who have saved the sender number in their contact list.
- First Name: 20 characters
- Last Name: 40 characters
- Company Name: 100 characters
- Company Update: 700 characters
- Company Leaders Headline: 150 characters
- Company Leaders Description: 150 characters
- About Us/Summary: 2,000 characters
- Page Name: 50 characters
- Custom Module Title: 150 characters
- Custom Module Body: 500 characters
- Custom Module URL Label: 70 characters
- LinkedIn Publishing Post Headline: 150 characters
- LinkedIn Publishing Content Length: Up to 120,000 characters
- Employee Testimonials: 400 characters
- Recommendation: 3,000 characters
- Pinterest Profile Name: 20 characters
- Pinterest Bio: 160 characters
- Pinterest Username: 15 characters
- Maximum Pins: 200,000 (including secret Pins and Pins on group boards you didn’t create)
- Pin Description: 500 characters
- Maximum Pinterest Boards: 500 boards
- Board Name: 100 characters
- Pinterest Board Description: 500 characters
- Video Title: 70 characters
- YouTube Description: 5,000 characters
- Playlist Titles: 60 characters
- YouTube Tags: 30 characters per tag, 500 characters total
The internet calls it restrictions of distinct types, but we at 3 Dots Design Pvt. Ltd. call it the ultimate challenge. The rest of the world can crib about being shackled by limits, but we believe that storytelling knows no limits. With so many platforms to explore, we can very well express what we want on the platform of our choice and no brand would ever want to not connect with their customers through engaging stories. Though we can tell the world that the article is about “Limited Edition Storytelling”, but the limits we are talking about, are nothing but pure creativity in various avatars.