What are the parameters to evaluate the success and efficacy of your branding strategy? What makes the perfect mix of marketing initiatives you have thought of for the season? What determines the long-term impact of your advertising campaigns? The reach that you have expanded and the sales figures you have achieved may come to your mind instantaneously. Some may also think of the incremental market share that you have gained or the amount of repeat sales the inspiring data is revealing.
Fair enough. All these factors truly reflect the major of success and are vitally important. But over and above all these there is something that should never be overlooked. And it is the much revered ‘Consumer Connect’!
While the agency you are currently associated with is somewhat helping you progress towards your goals, you also need to apply the parameter of consumer connect to intensify your marketing drives. Make sure that you are in dialogue with the end-users at the grassroots level and grasping, decoding & comprehending the current trends of consumerism. An agency that focuses on it, is the one having a farsighted vision for your brand.
A few important questions you need to ask
To judge your consumer connect quotient, ask these questions to your team –
- Are your customers taking pride in getting associated with your brand?
- What is their present ‘satisfaction level’ and is there any drop or hike comparing it with the last season?
- What are the new trends in their behaviour and lifestyle?
- What are the competitors’ tactics they have taken notice of?
- Are they well aware of your brand, your competitive strengths and the value-added benefits you offer?
- Are they well connected with the different organizational levels and getting sincere & committed ‘after-sales-service’?
- Are they referring your brand to their peers?
So if you see, it takes a lot more effort to establish this consumer connect. And the agency that is willing to run that extra mile with you to attain higher level of it, is truly good one for you for a long-term perspective.