Just a few decades back, the advertising was all hunky -dory with its traditional ways primarily containing press ads, TV commercials, radio spots & jingles, direct mails and tele-marketing. Phew….an impressive number of options still, eh? But the world went virtual and digital advertising started hogging most of the limelight. But lo and behold! Traditional advertising still held the ground…and it does so till date!
Let’s compare both, just to make it all easier.
• These are tried and tested techniques with a high success rate
• People understand these techniques and are used to them
• The metrics of measuring success already exist
• It’s cost-efficient
• It has exceptional reach
• It gets direct response from the TG
• The response is tangible.
All said and done, a strategically planned combination of both –Traditional and Digital advertising can be really beneficial.
• When it comes to digital advertising, tracking your viewers including how they found you, measuring the traffic to your site, the level of engagement your audience has on your social network and even counting the people visiting your blog is all quite easy.
• Whereas Traditional Advertising renders it difficult as to how many people read or ignored your ad, whether they watched your TV commercial or chose to surf channels while it was on, whether they read your direct mailer or it went straight to the trash can due to oversight.
Addressing the compulsive online shoppers
These days cell phones have made online shopping an ‘in’ thing and a number of people seem to be opting for it.
• Four out of 5 cell phone users use it mostly for online shopping
• People prefer to check social media sites on their cell phones and people mostly see the ads while visiting the social sites.
• People are found to spend longer hours on social media than watching TV or visiting other platforms.
Obviously, digital marketing is on its way to spread its ‘net’ far and wide soon. But if you want and can put your fingers in both the pies, a combination of both would bring you the most desirable effect!